I’m sure we’ve all done something crazy for the love of books. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to list exactly ten things. Maybe only a couple.
What are some crazy things you’ve done for the love of books?
- I’m probably going to get shit for this, I’ve put off bills to buy books. I’ve paid some bills late in order to be able to purchase a book or two. No, I do not do this anymore. I’ve learned how irresponsible that is and I don’t ever want to risk losing something because of a book I want.
- I used to go to the dollar tree because all the books were a dollar. I used to just buy any book that had a decent cover. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever done. I never ended up reading any of these books. I ended up unhauling them all I think last year.
- I’ve pulled some all nighters to finish reading a book. I know this one isn’t super crazy. Anyone could do it. Well, I did it when I had a newborn and let’s just say that I hardly got any sleep. It’s rare for me to pull an all nighter now because I swear I’ve turned into a grandma. I love my sleep and rest just as much as I love my books.
- When we went on our family vacation to Orlando to go to Disney for a couple of days, I literally refrained from purchasing anything from Disney. Including that expensive ass food they have. I literally went to their Walmart, which was like Black Friday every day in there, to buy books. Who needs cool shit from Disney when you can get books, right? I did get this really awesome Christmas ornament from Disney, so I didn’t leave completely empty handed.
- I haven’t purchased books based on an ugly cover. As much as I enjoy a good romance, if that romance book has a picture of a guy and his six pack on there, I ain’t buying it. Or if the book has ugly stock photos of people on it in general. I prefer the artsy covers.
- I’ve purchased extra bookshelves even when I had enough space for more books. I’m currently looking at about five empty shelves because I was planning on all the books I want to buy this year. My bookshelf space has also taken up almost my entire living room.
- Buying so many books when I have maybe only read like 30% of the books on my shelves. This is the main reason why I am in my book buying ban at the moment. I need to narrow my TBR down by a lot.
- I have broken a purse or two from carrying books. Sometimes, I carry multiple books and that can get quite heavy. I’ve had straps break off. I’m actually pretty ashamed of this one.
I was able to come up with eight! I’m actually proud of myself because I didn’t think I was going to get more than two. And, I’m kind of disappointed in myself. Luckily, I’m in a book buying ban!